Thursday, August 9, 2018

Organization Time

Learning for me has always been fun. I now know why my great grandparents lived where they did and why my grandparents left the community they had lived in all his life. I am studying and researching and living in my head, thinking about a small town in Poland and I have decided to divide the new work into three sections. before, during and after the war. I will work on the first two sections at the same time, using the Jewish Gen site for further information. Eventually I will find an archivist in Poland and in the Ukraine to obtain more information.

I have found a translator for the letters and post cards and in doing so, I had to look at them carefully. I have two post cards written in French by my uncle who had left home as a teenager to play the violin in a cabaret in Paris! He was rounded up by the Vichy government, sent to a camp, then transferred to Auschwitz where he was murdered.

I have post cards written from the concentration camp in Theresienstadt by relatives of my grandmother. What was their fate? Did they survive? Stay tuned.

So much to find out about. It really is exciting right now as the complexity of the story fills itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment