Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stress reducers improve daily life-Tuesday, August 28, 2012


Searching for science news to impart today, I find advice on living well and aging well.  I do sometimes feel the universe is caring for me and assisting me when I need it most, which is the case today. It is I who need to adjust, to find joy and contentment as well as some sense of accomplishment in each day. I feel supported and cared for by my family and by the members of the support groups I attend or lead. I enjoy the knowledge that I am not alone and that we can laugh about some of the foibles of our loved ones whose memories we treasure.

My stress is reduced by acknowledging that my feelings are normal and to be expected, even the sad and lonely ones, including the depressed ones that I was so involved with this past weekend. I am on my way; right now a French bread is mixing in my gluten-free bread baker. I attended a Zumba class and can’t wait for the next one.

These activities make me feel more energized, less stressed, more productive, more engaged and, yes, happier — better able to smell the roses and better able cope with the inevitable frustrations of daily life which exist for all of us in one form or another.Find yours and let me know how well you succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment