Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whipped Cream on French Fries

I have returned, much rested and quietly content. When I greeted my husband Bob today after a three week absence, I hugged him from the back as he was not facing me when I walked on to his unit at the Memory Care Center. He exclaimed,"Is it Phyllis?" As he turned around, he grinned and added "Is it really you?" I smiled a reasurance as he spotted Steve and said, "It's so good to have both of you at the same time. Can we get out of here now? right now?"
Then he sat in the back seat of the car so he could see us both at the same time. He was happy to "be in civilization," even if only to the food store and to "get something to eat." Ordering a snack at McD's, you guessed it, he nibbled on his french fries which he dipped into the whipped cream delightedly, but he was "full" rather quickly and happy to sit and hold my hand.
My apologies for my abrupt departure. I didn't know I would have no internet access during my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment