Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's official. Put That Knife Away-Alzheimer's, Marriage and My Transformation from Wife to Caregiver by Phyllis W. Palm, PhD is now available
at www.amazon.com.!!!!It will soon be available on Kindle. Just click on the link and paste in the title!
I have been sending out emails all day, and the response has been wonderful.Here's the email letter I sent today, in case I missed you by accident. If I did, please email me, so I can be sure your name is on my list.

Dear friends and family,

As of this morning, the book is available for purchase on www.amazon.com.Just click on the link and paste in the title.

 Thanks to the many of you who have been my companions on this journey and who have participated in the creation of this story. Although it is a great triumph to write a book and publish it, it is so sad that the subject of my first book is the devastating Alzheimer's disease that has descended upon our family.

It was so important for me to write this book to help me cope with the seemingly never-ending changes brought about by this disease. It will also be extremely important for you to read it, as it contains helpful hints, ideas, tricks, advice and personal anecdote which will be useful in your interactions with other caregivers or members of your acquaintance who are experiencing issues with memory loss and personality change. You will better understand the dilemmas caregivers face, the stress on the person who has the illness and on all the family members as we grieve the loss we feel at each step of the process.

I look forward to hearing from you. Since some of the proceeds of this book will be donated to further Alzheimer disease research, I am willing to speak to groups to accomplish this goal. Phyllis





No comments:

Post a Comment