Sunday, February 26, 2012

100 words for Sunday, February 26, 2012


Bob did not see me for a few days, so when I visited him I didn’t know what to expect. A young male worker saw him exiting his room, and walked over to my husband before I crossed the large living room. “Bob, look who’s here,” he exclaimed. “Look, it’s your wife, here to see you,” he added, much to my dismay. Bob looked up and said, “I’m glad you’re here.” He hugged me and kissed me, holding on to the book in his hand. “Take this book home with you. It’s an important book. We need to keep it.”

We walked and talked, examining the 75 year issue of Life magazine. We have travelled to many of the sites pictured in this issue and Bob attended as I described our long-ago visits. We sat outdoors for a short while “I want to sit in the sun,” he said clearly, but once there, he needed to leave as it was “too hot here.” After convincing Bob it was a good idea to keep his prize in his bookcase, he agreed, put the book on a shelf, turned to me and said, “I wish I could live closer to you.”
So do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment