Sunday, June 3, 2012

100 words for Sunday, June 3, 2012

Into all of our lives come disappointments and challenges we are loath to face. Everything was going too well; I borrowed not one, but 2 two- wheeled hand trucks in order to deliver the furnishings to Booth 4190 for the BookExpoAmerica show on Monday. The reception for my book reading is good; my adventure on the C, the E to Sutphin Blvd. and the LIRR air train successfully ended with meeting my cousin who arrived from Switzerland. And now, that allergy sniffle has turned into a full-fledged summer cold. I sound like Marlene Dietrich, but the show will go on!

What do we do to lift ourselves from the depression that wants to set in: as, for example, to really want to stay home, do nothing, not put on make-up because my nose needs constant attention?

What do we do not to disappoint others who are counting on us no matter how we feel?

For today, I decided to change the linens on my bed, shower and dress, drink plenty of hot HOT tea and speak as little as possible to preserve my voice for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment