Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I am on the radio--- Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Your Family's Health" 11:30am Professor Joan Buckley, Nursing Department talks with Phyllis W. Palm Phd on her new book "Put That Knife Away". Dr. Palm, Psychologist describes her journey as a full time caregiver for her husband who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2006. If you know anyone that has been plagued with the ravages of this disease tune into this special broadcast.  
And remember you can listen to any of these broadcasts in real time on your computer at http://ncc.edu/whpc .
Also don't forget about our podcasts. Most of the shows aired on WHPC can be listened or downloaded at itunes.ncc.edu. You must have Itunes installed in your computer.
Returning to Arizona last night from a weekend wedding in San Francisco, I realize how lucky I am to have my husband in a safe, secure, friendly memory care unit where his needs are met and he is content. He was very happy to see me, Steve too, today when we he insisted we go to "a big store" where he could "touch some tools." Bob was not able to eat a chicken sandwich which he requested at McDonald's, having forgotten how to pick it up and hold it together, so we returned to Arbor Rose late, but the staff was happy to serve him his dinner anyway.
I play this game with myself, looking for any shred of evidence that my husband can relate in a recognizable way to any of life's small pleasures.I truly enjoyed it when we looked together at the mirror display in the store and Bob smiled, recognizing us standing together in front of the mirror. He even said, "I like having you here."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment